This is the first day of the rest of my life. Yesterday, I went to a new gym that opened up in Louisville called Planet Fitness. I also went and bought all of the equipment that I may need to start my new life, such as a gym bag, water bottle, gym clothes, shower stuff, etc. I am very much looking forward to the rest of my life. As of right now, I am going to keep this blog to myself, just for my own viewing, and I will eventually release it to some friends and my beautiful fiancee.
So, to those of you who are reading this, I am sure you are wondering why I have decided just now to change the way I eat, and change the way I act, and change my overall lifestyle. Its simple, It is January 18, 2012, and on January 19 2013, I am getting married. I think that my bride to be deserves me looking my best on her wedding day, and I believe that she deserves the healthiest person possible during our lifetime together. She stole my heart, so I have to make sure that it remains healthy. Beyond that, I want to finally feel in control of my life. There are few things in life that someone can completely control, and I believe that their health is one of them. They can completely control what they put in their body and how they live their life.
This blog is not only to serve as a journal of sorts, archiving my journey through weight loss and health, it is also to serve as motivation when I am feeling down about it. If I am not getting the results I want, I hope to read these past blogs to remind myself what it is all about, my health for my beautiful bride to be, and taking control of my life.
Tomorrow is my first day eating healthy and going to the gym. Hopefully tomorrows blog post will include my current weight, and some other information to archive my progress, such as body fat. That blog will also include some specific goals, but for now I can only share some smaller goals:
- To become a healthier person in the next year.
- To look sexy in my tuxedo at my wedding.
- To lose 50 pounds over the next year by eating healthy and working out four times a week.
- To lower by body fat by 8 percent.
I plan on doing this by (My creed if you will)
- NO Fast Food
- NO Soda, only Juice and water
- NO eating past 8 PM if at all possible
- NO snacking.
- Going to the gym at least 4 times a week. NO slacking no matter how hard it becomes. MAN UP, its not just for you.
- Stick to it this time.
- Log everything I eat and its calorie content
- Stay below 2900 calories a day.
- Keep this blog, it will only serve as more motivation.
- NO MAKING EXCUSES, you can do this!!!